[Spellyans] SWF (t) and Maga web site

christian.semmens at gmail.com christian.semmens at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 22:44:20 IST 2012

Nicky, it is precisely because there are multiple variants that we are at this place. So should the variant you use be one based upon Cornish usage or one based upon a phonology no one uses and plays no part in the SWF?

That is where we are now.
I suggest you use SWF/T for Ubuntu. That is what I originally intended to do. That is likely to be the most popular choice if one were to be given. SWF/K is only mandated for councils and only until 2013. It is NOT the Official Cornish orthography, it is merely the interim compromise orthography for officialdom until 2013.

As to what happens after that date, that is a matter for speculation. One thing is certain, whatever you do now, you will have to revisit later to a greater out lesser extent. That is just a fact of life.

Christian