[Spellyans] Cornish language declared extinct by UN

ewan wilson butlerdunnit at ntlworld.com
Sat Feb 4 21:43:46 GMT 2012

Craig,

I'm delighted to hear that false information emanating from London caused there to be 'hell to pay'!
1) What form did this 'hell' take exactly, as I was unaware this had happened. The press/media certainly remained uncharacteristically pretty quiet over any furore!
2) Who exactly in London provided this 'official' obituary of the despised Celtic tongue?
3) Did the UN then make direct contact with Cornish sorces of information?!

Still, it's reassuring to know that at some international, official level there is at least a token recognition of the plight of languages such as Cornish, ground down by hostile enviroments of one type or another.

Ewan.