[Spellyans] 2013 battle plans

Craig Weatherhill craig at agantavas.org
Mon Feb 6 13:32:23 GMT 2012

The problem here, Ken, is that there are only two current researchers
who have looked into Cornish place-names beyond the badly flawed
Gover.  One of those two is extremely sceptical about the value of
reviving Cornish for modern use (but is the only one who ha discovered
all of Gover's flaws and actively taking on the huge task of checking
every reference to eventually correct it all), and I'm the other one.
The rest of the signage panel rely solely upon Gover, and ignore the
oft-repeated warnings of its mistakes from both Oliver and me.  So,
when it comes to a professional panel of experts on the subject, we're
badly limited.

Craig

On 6 Whe 2012, at 13:18, Ken MacKinnon wrote: One of those is