[Spellyans] Country Tracks

Daniel Prohaska daniel at ryan-prohaska.com
Sun Feb 12 18:01:07 GMT 2012

I believe Cornish went through several neutralisations of unstressed vowels. The first were /e a o/ > [@], later /I U/ > [@] pushing older [@] to [6]. Hence we have the LC spellings  <arleth, metten, gwellez> (quoting from memory, but with <e> nonetheless, and 'older' schwa has <a>.
Dan

Sent from my iPhone