[Spellyans] The Beast of Bodmin Moor: Best Goon Brèn

Eddie Climo eddie_climo at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 8 09:09:46 GMT 2012

On 2012 Gen 7, at 12:09, Herbie Blackburn wrote:
> Will we begin to see books like this in eBook form?

Herbie whek,

Gwask an Orlewen has already been doing this for quite a while, with an increasing number of free electronic publications, mostly e-books in PDF format. All of those are available from our web store, and the latest—and biggest—batch are connected with our printed bilingual edition of the classic festive poem, 'Twas the Night before Christmas, by Clement Clarke Moore. That book contains the original English text, together with 2 Cornish translations:  one by Nicholas Williams (in KS), the other a UC one of my making.

In addition, there are NINE e-freebies; altogether, as our forthcoming catalogue details, the set comprises:

> 23 An Noswyth kens Nadelek / The Night before Christmas
> 	23a)	printed edition (UC+KS+Eng.)
> 	23b) free: Cartennow Nadelek / D.I.Y. Christmas Cards (PDF, UC+Eng.)
> 	23c)	free: bilingual e-book (PDF, Cornish+English)
> 	23d) free: short film (YouTube, Cornish)
> 	23e) free: short film (YouTube, English)
> 	23f)	free: audio podcast (MP3, Cornish)
> 	23g) free:bilingual e-book (PDF, Cornish + Norwegian)
> 	23h) free:bilingual e-book (PDF, Cornish + French)
> 	23i)	free:bilingual e-book (PDF, Cornish + German)
> 	23j)	free:bilingual e-book (PDF, Cornish + Italian)

The little films are available on our new YouTube channel (along with our Jan 2012 offering: a couple of short Beatrix Potter films), while the pocast (which is actually the sound-track from the Cornish film 23d) hasn't yet got a home on the Web—any offers? I'll happily send a copy on request, though.

One of my favourites in the bunch might well appeal to Dan—(23i) is the bilingual e-book in Cornish and German, featuring a delightful German translation by the author Erich Kästner. Perhaps it's due to spending part of my childhood living there, but I find German just fits Christmas perfectly—Stille Nacht, heilige Nacht always brings a tear to my eye! As for Glühwein and Stolle…

Sorry there's nothing in ePub format, but I've yet to find a good (preferably free!) converter program for MacOS X.

Bledhen Noweth da dhys.

Eddie Foirbeis Climo
	Gwask an Orlewen

www.GwaskAnOrlewen.com