[Spellyans] Plural forms

David Trethewey davidtreth at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 11:43:00 IST 2012

I'm trying to write this up asa Python script - I may have a basic
version today - but it may take longer for me to get one that does all
cases and runs as a standalone program without the need for a Python
interpreter installed.

211 - dew kans hag unnek    - onan, eth, unnek and etek need special
handing to use hag rather than ha
1917 mil naw kans ha seytek - in a compound number use ha here after kans
1997 - mil naw kans seytek ha peswar ugens - but not after kans here
where it is used after the first part of the compound number for 97.

Is there actually a hard and fast rule about when to use number + a +
plural noun, rather than number + singular noun? As far as I'm aware
there isn't except that the former may be used with larger numbers but
is not compulsory as far as I know, although the latter may become
unwieldy it is not actually ungrammatical?

David