[Spellyans] Plural forms

Nicky Rowe nickyrowe at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 12:11:04 IST 2012

This is what I've been trying to work out for a few days.

Here's what I've arrived at, although due to the nature of Cornish numerals
others are likely to have different interpretations. This is just a method
that seems to work for me, although it hasn't been thoroughly tested or
examined:

100-119 is cans, cans hag onen, cans ha dew, etc

120-199 uses either the same vigesimal system as 20-99, or the same as
100-119:
whegh ugens or cans ha dew ugens, onen ha whegh ugens or cans onen ha dew
ugens, etc

200-999 are counted in hundreds
dew cans, dew cans hag onen, dew cans ha deg warn ugens, dew cans deg ha
tri ugens, etc

Above 1,000, multiples of a thousand up to 20,999 use a singular mil: mil,
dew vil, tri mil, deg mil, ugens mil naw cans nownsek ha pajar ugens

Above 21,000 the mil gets put within the number and problems of clarity
begin, which is why I suggest using a vilyow:
onen warn ugens a vilyow, onen warn ugens a vilyow hag onen, deg warn ugens
a vilyow naw cans pajar ha tri ugens

Multiples of 20,000 (so 40,000, 60,000 and 80,000) can be dew ugens mil or
dew ugens a vilyow.

Multiples of 100,000 are also singular: cans mil, dew cans mil, tri cans
mil, but cans hag onen a vilyow, dew cans hag onen a vilyow

The system for thousands is repeated for millions:

- Multiples of a million up to 20 can use the singular milyon, dew vilyon,
tri milyon, ugens milyon
- After that I suggest using a vilyonow: pajar ha tri ugens a vilyonow, dew
cans ha pemp a vilyow, whegh ha tri ugens
- 40, 60 and 80 million can be dew ugens milyon or dew ugens a vilyonow
- cans milyon, dew cans milyon, but cans hag onen a vilyonow, dew cans hag
onen a vilyonow

And repeated for billions and trillions.

Nicky