[Spellyans] yesterday's BIG surprise

ewan wilson butlerdunnit at ntlworld.com
Mon Jun 4 17:00:41 IST 2012

Craig,

I too saw both it and at least one other Baner Peran on one of the 'little
ships', if my memory serves me correctly. The latter, however welcome, might
be expected on a Cornish vessel, but the one on the Gloriana seems far more
significant, as you say. It implies somebody in the Palace is keen to see
all the indigenous tongues of these islands given due respect and
recognition.
It ties in with my point on the potential power of royal example. In proper
deference to the request to keep this site in matters more specifically
linguistic I shall say no more, but hope you'll forgive this one further
reference, simply because it WAS so good to see the old tongues granted due
respect! I even heard part of the BBC commentary - much of which was pretty
dismal  and disjointed in my opinon- note the presence of the Baner!

Ewan.