[Spellyans] yesterday's BIG surprise

David Trethewey davidtreth at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 17:01:14 IST 2012

I think this may have been a last minute addition judging from the
following links:

http://www.flaginstitute.org/Thames_Pageant_Flag_Guide.pdf - where St.
Piran's banner is listed under "county and regional flags"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-18307741 - where a graphic
shows Gloriana with 4 flags including what appears to be 2 St. George's
crosses.

A cynic might say it is a sop to the Cornish after Prince Charles
decided to concrete over the Tregurra valley near Truro for a new
Waitrose to sell more Duchy Originals biscuits.

David