[Spellyans] yesterday's BIG surprise

Nicholas Williams njawilliams at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 17:14:58 IST 2012

The Saltire of St Patrick is not dimidiated, though it is certainly fimbriated.
The two saltires are quarterly per saltire counterchanged.
The official blazon of the Union Flag of the Act of Union (1800) runs as follows:
'The Union Flag shall be Azure, the Crosses Saltire of St Andrew and St Patrick, Quarterly per saltire, counterchanged Argent and Gules, the latter fimbriated of the second, surmounted by the Cross of St George of the third, fimbriated as the Saltire.'

Nicholas