[Spellyans] yesterday's BIG surprise

Hewitt, Stephen s.hewitt at unesco.org
Wed Jun 6 10:26:02 IST 2012

Well spotted. It is clywch, clywch in Welsh, which is closely aligned to English with respect to idiom and phraseology.

As there is nothing similar in French, there is no one equivalent phrase in Breton. The best in this case would be Deud eo ganit/ganeoc'h [come.pp it.is with you sg/pl.] "You said it!"

Just received my copy of Desky Kernowek - it is fabulous, just what I was looking for. I especially appreciate all the examples from the historical corpus.

Steve