[Spellyans] Dalleth

Nicholas Williams njawilliams at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 11:34:11 IST 2012

The preterite 3sg of dallath is dalathas:

Aban dallathas an bys, noble marrak, me a grys, ny ombrevys in dan scoys BK 1631-33
nangew ogas ha blethan aban dallathfas an lywe CW 2466-67 (where dallathfas is a bad spelling for dallathas)

The first person sg is dalethys:

hethyw yw an whefes dyth aban dalletheys gonys OM 49-50.

If I wrote dalethys for dalathas, it was a mistake.

Apart from the vn dallath, dalleth, apparently the only other attested forms are the verbal adjective dallethys which occurs three times and the third singular imperative dallathans.

Nicholas