[Spellyans] *dalethas ~ dalathas

Nicholas Williams njawilliams at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 13:31:18 IST 2012

I have just this moment come across the example that Ray mentioned.
ha hy a dhalethas ola 'and she began to cry' occurs in the uncorrected proof of a translation of mine shortly to be published. Ray has kindly agreed to read the book in proof and that is presumably where he saw dalethas. The stressed vowel is wrong, but the single l is correct.
The passage in question is on page 195 and should read ha hy a dhalathas ola. I have made the relevant correction.