[Spellyans] Degol Peran lowen dhewgh!

Craig Weatherhill craig at agantavas.org
Mon Mar 5 11:26:17 GMT 2012

Golperan Lowen dhe bubonen.

People write this in a variety of ways.  Some use Degol Peran (as
Dan), some Gool Peran.  Others Dydh/Dedh Peran.

I'd suggest that the traditional way of denoting a saint's feast is:
Golperan.  Others are attested as Goluan (Lhuyd), for Golowan; and
Golsythny (becoming the place-name  when the feast of St Sithney was
relocated to Goldsithney).
Comments and observations welcome.

Craig

PS.  In place-name records, the spelling Peran is far and away the
commonest.  I've managed to persuade the Signage Panel to drop KK's
Pyran and use Peran instead.