[Spellyans] kemeres

Nicky Rowe nickyrowe at gmail.com
Mon May 14 17:02:23 BST 2012

Yes it's stressed as pellGOWSer, but the idea is that the pell has a slight
stress because it's a word within a word instead of just a syllable of a
word. So the pel in pelednow has no stress, because it's part of the word
pellen. But because pellgowser is a compound word made up of pell and
cowser, the pell has a slight secondary stress that keeps pell intact.

Whether this secondary stress existed or not in traditional Cornish I
haven't the foggiest, but for the purposes of the SWF, there 'tis.

Nicky