Ray Chubb ray at spyrys.org
Wed May 9 16:06:08 IST 2012

My own view is that unless we can get the SWF into schools big time it
does not have much of a future.  Agan Tavas is beginning to think that
they only way to get schools to teach Cornish is through the
compulsion that would be provided by a Cornish Language Act.

I am not happy at all about the treatment of the traditional graph
option but I am deliberately trying to avoid public arguments over it
in order to give the SWF the best possible crack of the whip.

Some are of the opinion that it was only the public rows over spelling
that were holding the language back.  It seems to me that the absence
of those arguments in the public forum has only served to increase a
general apathy towards the language.  Or maybe it's just the recession!