Nicky Rowe nickyrowe at gmail.com
Wed May 9 17:01:04 IST 2012

Lowena dhewgh Spellyans

I did work experience at the Maga office earlier this year and had a
discussion with Jenefer about this very topic. She says that there is a lot
of confusion about the SWF agreement - apparently the traditional form is
not meant to be a separate orthography, but merely a set of allowed
variants that individuals can use if they choose to. Anything done in
public, and anything done by Maga would be in the main form. The AHG
agreement regarding this is on the SWF page on the Maga site. I don't know
who was part of the AHG but there surely must have been some
representatives from the traditional side there.

I wouldn't mind whichever form is the agreed form, they both have merits,
but I prefer to stick to cooperation and agreement rather than going off on
my own. It's unlikely that the situation will change much as of the review.
According to Jenefer most people use the main form. To me there is no
future without the SWF, whatever it may look like in the future.

Besides I don't think that spelling is by any means the most important
aspect of Cornish that needs attention, but the grammar, syntax and
pronunciation.

Nicky Rowe