Eddie Climo eddie_climo at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 9 18:08:12 IST 2012

An interesting piece of news, that hasn't yet been discussed here, I think: MAGA has recently released their new "SWF Dictionary", with a link on their home page to a short article about it, and a download link:
	http://www.magakernow.org.uk/Default.aspx?page=677

This free 4MB Acrobat PDF file comprises a 361-page 2-way dictionary, with both MC and LC forms included and marked as such. The orthography is SWF 'Main' only. 'Traditional' graphs (referred to thus, for some reason, in scare quotes!) get a brief mention on p.5. which I include as an attachment for your consideration. They claim to want 'feedback'; perhaps we should give it to them.

I notice in passing that, on p.2, it offers thanks "dhe bubonen a wruk kesobery genen" (my spelling). Apart from the usual coterie of KK hacks. I notice inter alia the names of Andrew Hawke, Neil Kennedy, Dan Prohaska, Nicholas Williams and Bernard Deacon cited.

Gosh! call me naïve, but a cast list like that means it's just GOTTA be 100% authentic…doesn't it?

Eddie Climo

SWF Dictionary. Maga (May 2012, p.5)