Christian Semmens christian.semmens at gmail.com
Thu May 10 09:35:52 IST 2012

Sadly, Nicky, I think there is now real confusion about the path of the SWF.

It isn't about having an orthography that is basically Kemmyn but
makes allowances for a few awkward types to do what they like until
they die off.

It is about creating an acceptable orthography for Cornish moving
forward into the 21st Century. And for at least myself and possibly a
large number of others, one that recognises and reflects the heritage
and style of the language as it was actually used. For me a revival is
just that, a revival not a re-imagining, and the spelling of Cornish
is part of that. If I wanted something new I could learn Esperanto or
Klingon.

For me, KK is not that orthography, The version of the SWF that the
AHG came up with and called the "Main" variant isn't either and I
doubt that I am alone in this. Without incorporating traditional
graphs there is no compromise. The SWF merely becomes a tarnished
mirror to KK.

Some may say that is what it already is.

Christian