Craig Weatherhill craig at agantavas.org
Mon May 14 10:14:57 IST 2012

It's the term "so-called traditional graphs" that I take offence to.
It implies a degree of contempt.

As for the so-called (heh!) "main form", I call it the K form.

As for the hooey about "secondary stress", this is being used as an
excuse to retain geminates where they shouldn't be, e.g. "Pennsans".
As "sans" is stressed, and strongly, too (by everyone except the BBC),
this should be "Pensans".  Same applies to "Penntir", etc.

Craig