Craig Weatherhill craig at agantavas.org
Mon May 14 19:31:57 IST 2012

If <i> was long and <y> was short, then there'd be no problem.
Pronunciation would be obvious.  But SWF doesn't do this.  The
distribution of <y> and <i> is all over the place.

If we take <dinas> as an example, derivatives would be  <din>,

Replacing <melyn>, "mill" with <melin> makes no sense to me.  Then
they apply (as per KK) <melyn> "yellow" for <melen".    It was all so
unnecessary.  They could, and should, have been left as they were.

Craig