Craig Weatherhill craig at agantavas.org
Tue May 15 09:22:08 IST 2012

I used the word "largely", having our 5th-10th century inscribed
stones in mind.  Many of the names on them are British, albeit
slightly altered to suit Latin orthography.  Taking that into
consideration, they represent our only known written British.
Charles Thomas's book on Cornish and Welsh inscribed stone: "And Shall
these Mute Stones Speak" (University of Wales Press 1994) is of great
assistance in this subject.

Craig