Daniel Prohaska daniel at ryan-prohaska.com
Tue May 15 14:33:36 IST 2012

In that case, why do we bother with consistency at all, why not take the best, most frequent, or whatever attested spelling and use that and not worry about pronunciation too much. UC did this. UC's failure to adapt to the speakers' desires to based the phonology on recommended pronunciation lead to the threefold split in the 1980s…