[Spellyans] Spellyans, KS, and reconstruction

Jon Mills j.mills at email.com
Wed May 16 12:54:48 IST 2012

Michael asks "What is an orthography for?"
 The SWF, supported by the taxpayer, should serve the entire Cornish language community. The choice of graphs is hierarchical and as such discriminates against a large proportion of the Cornish language community. As such, it is divisive and is likely to cause resentment and alienate many Cornish speakers and learners. The SWF is, thus, not fit for purpose.

 "Have we done a good enough job?"
 Yes, certainly, beyond doubt.

 "Is there a list of etyma that we still need to argue about?"
 Possibly, but we have most accounted for.

 "Are there serious shortcomings that render KS unworthy of academic support?"
 There are no serious shortcomings.

 Ol an gwella,
 Jon