DELIABROTHERTON at aol.com DELIABROTHERTON at aol.com
Thu May 17 10:54:55 IST 2012

Ewan

For me your posting hits the nail right on the head. I am a mature  student
who was captivated by the thought that my Cornish ancestors may have
spoken the language and decided to learn it myself.  I have no particular
linguistic expertise and although I find the exchanges fascinating they often go
right over my head. I realise of course why such exchanges are  important
and shall therefore wait until a decision has been made, hopefully by  those
who have the knowledge and authority to do so, and just get on with  it.

All my teachers have been generous with their time and encouragement but
there has at times been a definite undercurrent of frustration, but I can
ignore  most of it.  Some students find it impossible to ignore and fall  by
the wayside, and although in some cases it may just be an excuse  the
bickering can definately erode one's enthusiasm.

I shall stick with UC and see what happens, that has been the advice to me
from all sides all along and I have not been made to feel particularly
uncomfortable at any time.  However, I feel more positive about the future  of
UC/UCr that I did a couple of years ago.

Oll an gwella

Delia Brotherton