Daniel Prohaska daniel at ryan-prohaska.com
Sun May 20 10:43:22 IST 2012

On May 10, 2012, at 12:31 PM, Craig Weatherhill wrote:

> Parish Councils are public bodies, but the "Nans Cludri" sign I saw yesterday at Nancledra (not a Highways sign but a bespoke painted sign) shows that Towednack Parish Council has chosen to exercise its own preference and independence.  In any case, officialdom is a minority within the language movement (and we all know what others have crowed about "minorities").
>
> I still feel that Eddie has a point - not nearly enough is being done to support users of the Traditional Graphs.  Even the new online SWF dictionary relegates it to a few lines in the Foreword, and I still get: "That's not SWF" when it IS.
>
> Craig

I agree. Those comments about "this is not SWF" happen through ignorance along. Always have that SWF-spec quote nearby to slap it at them if they try. I did so in the translation group as well when they wanted me to use SWF/K. I refused, quote the Spec back at them and am now able to translate into SWF/T unless explicitly stated otherwise, which only Maga does for its "official" publications.
Dan