Daniel Prohaska daniel at ryan-prohaska.com
Sun May 20 11:13:34 IST 2012

On May 11, 2012, at 8:05 PM, Craig Weatherhill wrote:

> Further to the above, what exactly is "so-called" about traditional graphs.  Doesn't that sort of phrase illustrate contempt?

I don't think it's contempt, but it is unfortunate. I think it's only for lack of a better term. I think we could use the 2013Review to set the terminology straight. This needs to be discussed.

> MAGA needs to ask itself whether it intends unity and co-operation, or further division and mistrust, because wording like that hardly inspires confidence in the former set of choices.
> Craig

For cooperation, Maga needs people who actually operate. If traditional graph users largely stay out of the picture, then they have no reason to see the need for their use. You're there, I'm there, but I can't think of anyone who is as adamant about their use apart from us. A few swing both ways and aren't bothered by it…

I don't wish to place blame or say "it's there fault" , but I cannot stop thinking that if Nicholas's excellent translations (THE Bible!!!!!!!, among many others) and Michael's beautiful publications had been done in the SWF/T it could have strengthened our position …. well I don't know by what factor, but considerably anyway… I know Michael's position is that KS is based on the SWF and corrects its mistakes, - to most people at Maga, KS is just another Cornish orthography they don't use or support, on par with UC/R, RLC and KK… anyway, definitely NOT SWF, so it's benevolently tolerated, their publications listed, but not otherwise actively supported.
Dan