Craig Weatherhill craig at agantavas.org
Sun May 20 13:05:04 IST 2012

BREAKING NEWS:

The large bilingual sign at Land's End - there for several years and
still in place just 6 weeks ago - was deliberate repainted to show
English only for TV coverage of the Olympic torch relay which started
there yesterday morning.

Painted across the frieze area above a prominent pillared opening,
this originally said:

LAND'S END   .  PENN AN WLAS.

There was a painted Union flag to the left of this; Baner Peran to the
right.

For the TV coverage, there was just:  LAND'S END

Someone did not want the word to see that Kernow has a separate
linguistic heritage, and it's a disgrace.

Craig