Eddie Climo eddie_climo at yahoo.co.uk
Sun May 20 15:09:33 IST 2012

As a matter of historical fact, Welsh language campaigners in the 1970s had problems with persuading the (Anglophone) authorities to erect bilingual road signs when the old monolingual English ones needed replacing.

Some of those campaigners chose to break the law by 'borrowing' such signs, along with their monolingual replacements. In time, the authorities got the message and started putting up bilingual signs. Mysteriously, the 'borrowed' signs were then found stacked neatly beside the new ones.

Such illegal behaviour cannot be condoned, of course.

Eddie Climo