Daniel Prohaska daniel at ryan-prohaska.com
Sun May 20 18:17:04 IST 2012

I'm not speaking about how KK speakers mispronounce the language and there are far worse mispronunciations than word-final /ð/ as [θ], and maybe they weren't mispronouncing ‹dh› at all, as KK allows for unveiling before other voiceless consonants, absolute aslant etc. There's a difference for speakers following KK recommendations between ‹Gorsedh Kernow› [θ], and ‹Nowydh yw an carr ma› [ð] (I used SWF/Mt here, with derogation from ‹nowyth› to ‹nowydh›) => [ˈnɔwɪð ɪʊ ən kæɹ mɐ] despite the fact that some speakers would rather say **[ˈnəʊɪθ jʉʊ æn kɑːɹ mæ].
I'm actually talking about the possibility of word-final /ð/ in unstressed position remaining voiced up until the LC period. But you know this, so I'm not going to harp on about it anymore, because it's becoming a tad tedious….
Dan