A. J. Trim ajtrim at msn.com
Sun May 20 23:14:19 IST 2012

By the same token we could have the same principle applied to word final ‹dh› and ‹th›: write ‹dh› where all agree on a voiced realisation, but write ‹th› where some pronounce the word with /θ/ and others with /ð/, or where some people vary the pronunciation according to the word’s environment.

Most words would then end in <-th> and match the texts.

Regards,

Andrew J. Trim