Christian Semmens christian.semmens at gmail.com
Mon May 21 11:01:43 IST 2012

I'm with you on that, John.

It is the "Official" use that gives a spurious air of legitimacy to
the novel graphs over and above that of the traditional graphs. Unless
this positive discrimination is removed entirely then the SWF/T is
utterly worthless.

As John points out, individuals will use whatever they like. The
"Official" form is broken KK, so what is the point of SWF/T?

A form that suffers from its association with SWF/K, is unpopular
compared to other traditional orthographies amongst the current user
base, is not "supposed" to be taught to beginners in any future school
environment and will not be used for "Official" purposes which pretty
much includes all public usage. It looks as if it is, if not exactly
stillborn, then it is the very weak sibling kept in the cold and dark
and left to die.

Once again, I say the job is not for the traditional graphs to explain
their existence, they have always been the with the language. It is
the Kemmyn forms that need justifying. They have been in use for a few
fleeting years by part of the revival and they exist to illustrate a
phonology that the SWF doesn't even use.

Christian