Ray Chubb ray at spyrys.org
Wed May 23 07:59:45 IST 2012

One of the comments that was made was that the two forms were causing
confusion to visitors.  I haven't seen the original sign were the two
forms in the same script?

I have always thought that the best way to avoid confusion is to use
different type scripts for each version as is done in Ireland.

On 23 Me 2012, at 06:56, Craig Weatherhill wrote:

> When (not if) the prominent bilingual sign is restored, you will be
> pleased to know that the Signage Panel has agreed that it should
> read:  PEDN AN WLAS, yes, with the pre-occlusion.  I have managed to
> get a policy agreed that pre-occlusion in place-names will be
> written where it is historically found.  Not an easy achievement
> when you consider that the Signage Panel and its active advisors
> consists of 4 KK-SWF/K users; one who takes a "broad church" view
> (Rod Lyon), and myself, the only traditional Cornish representative.

Ray Chubb

Portreth
Kernow

  Gwyasva an Guntelles Keltek Kernow:  www.celticcongresscornwall.co.uk