Craig Weatherhill craig at agantavas.org
Wed May 23 09:26:55 IST 2012

"Confusion" is the usual case put forward by the antis like Cllr.
Williams, and it's total tosh.  Can it honestly be said that the
current street signs are confusing?  Or the granite slab outside
Penzance Railway Station?

I saw many bilingual signs during my two trips to Ireland, and found
none of confusing.  I found all of them fascinating, and many tourists
say the same thing about our signs.

The Land's End sign, in large painted letters, read:  LAND'S END *
PENN AN WLAS.   Left of LAND'S END was a Union flag;  where I've put
an asterisk between the English and Cornish was the Cornish coat-of-
arms; and to the right of WLAS was the flag of St Piran.

Craig