Linus Band linusband at gmail.com
Thu May 24 07:07:59 IST 2012

I was not aware of the Volcae connection either, do you have a reference
for me? I ask this because a friend of mine is writing his MA-thesis about
the Anglo-Saxon usage of Wealas and all its derivatives. He is going
through a large corpus of charters for his research.
I myself always thought that the term originally referred to Celtic ánd
Italic peoples. I think that especially Wallachia supports the latter
meaning, as that is not a traditionally 'Celtic' area.

Linus