ewan wilson butlerdunnit at ntlworld.com
Fri May 25 22:06:23 IST 2012

Another idea that occurs to me would be to construct a' Cornish Language Trail' for walkers to follow. For instance a short distance from Mousehole is Paul Churchyard where the famous memorial stone is.
I visited it with my young nephew and family about five years ago; it was a sweltering hot day and we spent ages trying to locate the blessed thing--only for my nephew, also Ewan,  delightedly to find it in the wall on the street!
We also looked for Poole's home in Penzance on Morrab Rd; bought books out of the Cornish shop in the Causewayhead ( KK mini dictionaries, if I remember?); off to St Michael's Mount; and went up to Truro Museum to get language material ...found some wonderful stuff by Craig and also  older materials by Richard Gendall- a lovely fold-out wallet thing with maps, photos, pictures/words, etc.
Not properly proudly promoting the language is such a missed opportunity for the region. Are the councillors as daft as they are here in Scotland, then?!

Ewan.