deliabrotherton at aol.com deliabrotherton at aol.com
Wed May 30 12:20:10 IST 2012

I suggest also a series of talks in Kernewek around various museums, galleries and other similar attractions.  In St Ives the Tate allows community groups a visit without charge and I was able to negotiate a similar arrangement with the Leach Pottery for the Agan Tavas language weekend in February. About eighteen months ago I went on a very interesting walk around Helston with narrative in Kernewek by Vanessa Beeman and Sheila Garrard.  Ray & Denise Chubb's son Wella was able to give an excellent talk in Kernewek about the National Trust garden where he works and there must be various Cornish speakers around the Duchy who could put a talk together at their local attraction and perhaps also negotiate free or reduced entry.  If there are enough it need only be a once a year request so no need to worry about overusing the facility.

So I suggest venues such as....

Tate St Ives, Leach Pottery St Ives, St Ives Museum, National Maritime Museum Falmouth, Truro Museum, Geevor Mine, Eden, a National Trust property
(although I don't know if they allow "community visits"), Truro Cathedral and so on.  There must be dozens of possibilities.

As soon as exams are over I shall start pursuing the St Ives ones.

Delia Brotherton