[Spellyans] January and other months.

Craig Weatherhill craig at agantavas.org
Fri Nov 23 22:27:05 GMT 2012

But what about the overwhelming native (and etymological) evidence that it was /j/?  Jenner himself says that this was often represented by <g> in the MSS.  Why, in this case, is Lhuyd (who was here for just 4 months) being favoured over 3 different native sources, as well as the Latin and Anglo-French evidence?

Craig