[Spellyans] horseman

Craig Weatherhill craig at agantavas.org
Thu Nov 1 07:35:09 GMT 2012

I was unaware that <marhegyon> was actually attested.  I've only ever
seen <marhogyon>.

Although the context may be different, it's worth pointing out that
<margh>, "horse" also has two attested plurals:  <mergh> and
<marhes>.  The latter is attested by the place-names Goonamarris,
Noonvares, Halvarras, and the field-name Noon Veres.

Craig