[Spellyans] UC/UCR

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Wed Nov 14 11:22:59 GMT 2012

On 14 Nov 2012, at 09:58, Hedley Climo <eddie_climo at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> And let us remember that KK likewise was unveiled as an orthography that was so good that it would replace all that had preceded it.

That may be true, but it was also promulgating a phonology that nobody used, and was tied up in the institutional politics of the Revival.

KS, for example, is based on the phonology of good speakers (Neil and Ray for instance) and not on some computer-aided reconstruction.

> KK was never accepted within academia, and I find it hard to imagine that the SWF--in any of its many forms, but especially the KKish one--would be either.

So far, however, every academic who has seen KS has suggested that it solves the problems of Cornish orthography admirably.