[Spellyans] UC/UCR

Ray Chubb ray at spyrys.org
Wed Nov 14 16:31:32 GMT 2012

Certainly.

UC/UCr aim at a specific historical periods.

The aim is to use historical spelling based on frequency of
occurrences simply ironing out a few idiosyncrasies such as the
irregular use of 'i' in the texts.

Pronunciation is not too prescriptive because we can never be that sure.

However some of the uncertainty is ironed out in dictionaries with the
use of diacritical marks.  These are not to be used in normal writing
because that would make what we write less authentic.

On 14 Du 2012, at 10:25, Michael Everson wrote:

> Can you explain what, in your view, are the aims of UC/UCR, and how
> to these differ from the aims of KS?

Ray Chubb

Portreth
Kernow