[Spellyans] UC/UCR

Nicholas Williams njawilliams at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 12:31:36 GMT 2012

This begs the question. What kind of Cornish and how well will the teachers know it? If they use a badly designed
spelling, will they pronounce the language properly?
At least we know how Irish is pronounced and there is no argument about the spelling.
The same is not true for Cornish.
Before pupils can have "fun" learning Cornish, the spelling, pronunciation, inflection and syntax
must all be certain. To teach a leaky orthography will make subsequent reform much harder.

Nicholas