[Spellyans] UC/UCR

Craig Weatherhill craig at agantavas.org
Fri Nov 16 12:43:21 GMT 2012

By the same premise, Cornish is doomed.  Cornish hasn't been taught by native speakers to their children since the 1840s.

The schools are the only way left to us to present Cornish to future generations, and ensure its future.  I accept that this might not have been overly successful in Ireland, but that need not necessarily be the case in Cornwall.  Moreover, the Irish situation is one which can be learned from, and corrected, by Cornish education authorities.  The Welsh education programme can also inform us.

MAGA has signally failed us in this regard in its 5-year existence.  There is no reason, other than political, why Cornish should not in Cornish schools right now.

If we write off the schools, then we might just as well write off Cornish altogether, because it will have no future.  Less negativity, people, and more resolve!

Craig