[Spellyans] UC/UCR

e-mail kevin.blackburn1 kevin.blackburn1 at ntlworld.com
Fri Nov 16 12:49:06 GMT 2012

Getting the teaching approach right is important, and different methods
will suit different ages and types of people. However, this is a separate
issue to getting the language right in the first place - that language has
to stand up whether it is being taught to youngsters in a Communicative
Method approach, a chat in the pub, or is being used by someone who has
moved on from that and wants to write a crime novel in Cornish - it needs
to be complete, self-consistent, able to represent anything that needs to
be written or spoken about, have a future, but also be able to reference
the past. It would be no good having a Cornish where if a sentence from 40
years ago were dropped in as a quote the current learners couldn't make
head nor tail of it.

On 16 November 2012 12:39, Jon Mills <j.mills at email.com> wrote:

> Of course the language teaching method has everything to do with the
> success or failure of Cornish classes in schools. The Communicative Method
> has been around for decades now and more or less does what Nicky is
> suggesting.
> Ol an gwella,
> Jon

Kevin 'Herbie' Blackburn