[Spellyans] enuedzhek

Daniel Prohaska daniel at ryan-prohaska.com
Sun Oct 7 00:07:32 IST 2012

Nicholas,

I've just seen that in Your UCR dictionary you give ‹henwesek› for 'nominative' (both adj. & n.), is this also inspired by ‹(h)enwedig›; then there's Nance's ‹henwesyk› 'nominated' and ‹henwesygeth› 'nomination' (cf. W ‹(h)enwedigaeth› 'appellation' and B ‹anwidigezh› 'nomination'). What do you think, should I list ‹enwedzhek, anuezek› as attestations of ‹henwesek/henwejek› with a note saying they are based on Lhuyd's Cornicisation of W ‹enwedig› (+ derivations)?

Muer ras dhis,
Dan