[Spellyans] adjectives

ewan wilson butlerdunnit at ntlworld.com
Thu Apr 25 21:28:23 IST 2013

Janice,

I'd be apt to say that the closer the qualifier is to the substantive the more general a group it is intending. So
'Little, red hen'  means
 from all the red hens,
 we concentrate on little such hens!
The qualifier further out from the substantive, then, is a subset of the ones closer to it....if you see what I mean!!
 Think of ever decreasing circles!

Ewan.