[Spellyans] Collated SWF Review Issues 4.) & 5.)

Daniel Prohaska daniel at ryan-prohaska.com
Tue Apr 30 11:10:17 IST 2013

Jan, Michael,

‹curun› 'crown' is indeed a bit of a problematic word, as we cannot say for certain how it was pronounced in Cornish. Here are the attestations I could fin:

curun (VC), curyn (PC, RD, TH, JK), guryn (PC, RD, TH), curen (BM), cvryñ (BK), cvryn (BK), keeren (H), ᵹẏryn (Lh) corun (Pr);

cf. MB curun, B kurun; W corun, coron; < L corōnā;