[Spellyans] Place-Names & maps

e-mail kevin.blackburn1 kevin.blackburn1 at ntlworld.com
Mon Feb 4 16:51:03 GMT 2013

Ken - thanks for the last email with the attachment.

Also, think you are right here - it needs to be a serious map, not one with
sketches of tin mines, Dolly and shipwrecks put around the coast, but one
with the topography so people can use it to navigate and as a real Cornish
alternative to use for getting around. As you say needs a cartographer, as
this would be a lot of work and more time consuming for anyone with just
general skills, and difficult to achieve by amateurs without falling foul
of copyright laws on existing maps. Maybe Michael Everson has contacts with
these skills, and similar to 'an Beybel Sans' by Nicholas Williams, maybe
it could be funded by subscription.

Just a suggestion - I'd chip in on the same basis as I did with 'an Beybel
Sans'.

Regards

Herbie

On 4 February 2013 16:20, Ken MacKinnon <ken at ferintosh.org> wrote:

> *Christian and friends,*
>
> * *
>
> *Not so much an artist – as I have seen ‘artistic’ maps of Cornwall – and
> they are rubbish.   What we really need is a cartographer, and an authentic
> source of professionally researched Cornish language place-names.   I am
> confident we have this in Craig.*
>
> * *
>
> *I am pretty sure we all agree – but how do we bell the cat ?*
>
> * *
>
> **-        ***An ken Ken *
>
> * *

Kevin 'Herbie' Blackburn