[Spellyans] Disappearance of Cornish placenames from OS maps

Christian Semmens christian.semmens at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 23:34:51 GMT 2013

Well,
I've had a dig around and the wonderful world of Free software has all we
need. Open StreeMap allows downloads of the maps, a piece of software
called JOSM amongst others allows us to edit this information.

I have an xml file of the whole of West Penwith including all XML data from
the Open Street map site, all I need to do is to sort out the coastline.
Editing is easy. All this in ten minutes. From this data, entire maps can
be created down to town/village street level.

It will take a while to sort out exactly how to filter out the relevant
level of detail, and to get a suitable map image, but that shouldn't be
impossible.

All we need to do is do it!

I'll have a play and see how I get on.

Christian