[Spellyans] Disappearance of Cornish placenames from OS maps

Christian Semmens christian.semmens at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 09:58:23 GMT 2013

Sounds great, Craig.
The first hurdle will be filtering out the data we have so that a map is
readable. A Duchy wide map requires a different level of detail to a map of
one of the hundreds, and a poster  map would require less detail (and be
more pictorial?) than a walkers map.

With Craig's data, West Penwith sounds like a good place to start (not just
because it is where my family is - honest). How about a fairly simple start
so that we can add detail and learn as we go along without being daunted by
the level of detail available.

If we change the name order to Cornish first and English secondary so that
people could actually find their way around with it?

Christian